In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- If blood levels of calcium fall then calcium is withdrawn from bone, resulting in osteomalacia and osteoporosis.
- To prevent osteoporosis and heart disease, 15 to 20 years of treatment may be needed.
- We get through our cancer and heart disease only to face arthritis, dementia, and osteoporosis.
- Also with poor treatment growth may be delayed, there may be osteoporosis of the bones and the spleen may be damaged.
- As with women, the best way to diagnose osteoporosis is with a bone density test.
- Loss of oestrogen is associated with an increased risk of osteoporosis and coronary artery disease.
- Depression, as well as cardiovascular disease, must be regarded as a risk factor for osteoporosis.
- Fluoridation has been linked to bone cancer, irritable bowel syndrome and osteoporosis.
- Hysterectomy is a recognised risk factor for osteoporosis, although not for osteoarthritis.
- For example, the bone loss that causes osteoporosis in susceptible individuals is seen to some degree in all older people.
- Thus hormone treatment is not a good choice for preventing osteoporosis for many women.
- This article was insulting to all men and women who have excruciating pain and severe loss of quality of life from osteoporosis.
- Use for more than three months results in appreciable bone loss, which may increase the risk of subsequent osteoporosis.
- The important issue for treatment for osteoporosis is prevention of fractures and not changes in bone mineral density.
- Conditions other than osteoporosis can also cause low bone density levels and may also cause fractures.
- Health workers will also be on hand to answer questions about osteoporosis, diabetes, diet and how to give up smoking.
- I am a full time wheelchair user with spina bifida and also have emphysema and osteoporosis.
- If left untreated, it could lead to more serious conditions such as osteoporosis or cancer.
- Jogging reduces the risks of osteoporosis, heart disease and diabetes.
- This includes pregnant women and people with osteoarthritis of the neck or osteoporosis of the spine.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.