In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1outbound flights from Dallas were delayed — los vuelos que partían de Dallas estaban saliendo con retraso
- outbound passengers — los pasajeros que parten / salen (or partían etc.)
- There will be no offers on outbound continental flights on Fridays or return flights on Sundays.
- The outbound date of travel determines the fare for the entire journey and ticketing must be within seven days of booking.
- The runway was closed for an hour from about 7pm and several outbound flights were cancelled and inbound planes were diverted to Luton.
- This in turn enhances the outbound market, which has been witnessing a downtrend for the past few months, due to varied reasons.
- The outbound tunnel, renovated last year, now is being used for inbound traffic.
- I'm glad I didn't exercise my upgrade options on this outbound leg of the trip.
- We took a different flightpath to my outbound journey; the landscape was much more urban, but still noticeably Dutch.
- Every year, Taiwan registers around eight million outbound travelers and two million inbound visitors.
- This includes inbound tourism but not outbound tourism.
- Thirty-five percent of outbound travelers went to China, while 23 percent headed to Southeast Asia.
- The collision is believed to have happened as one aircraft returned to the carrier and the other was flying outbound, having just refuelled.
- An alternative outbound flight had been sourced within 5 minutes of the original one.
- The return train journey was equally as efficient as the outbound, although I think we all dozed through most of it.
- Though inbound and outbound flights were delayed after the fire, things were back to normal by afternoon.
- I was now, however, on familiar territory having travelled along these forest roads on my outbound journey.
- I certainly felt safer on the return leg than on the outbound leg.
- Inbound traffic was re-routed through the adjacent Victorian archway, which was previously used only by outbound vehicles.
- There were similar scenes at Aberdeen and Edinburgh airports where inward and outbound flights were delayed for up to three hours.
- Also, work will continue on a ramp taking motorists from the inbound bridge to the outbound Parkway East.
- The incident caused a number of inbound and outbound flights to be cancelled, diverted or delayed.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.