In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(of water) desagüe masculino(of water) flujo masculino(of capital) fuga femeninocash outflows — salidas de efectivo femenino
- In simple terms, if inflow is greater than outflow the result is overcrowding.
- We now know that stellar outflows produce an enormous amount of water and we know that our lives depend on water.
- The move was aimed at reducing capital outflows from the country and lifting the earnings of local deposit holders.
- The Government approved changes to currency legislation to further liberalise capital outflows.
- Price indices may or may not catch the effect of the net outflow of money from the commodity market.
- With more pensioners and fewer active workers paying in, the postal pension system has a net outflow of funds for the first time in nearly 70 years.
- For the month of February alone, the documents said the net outflow was $72.1 million with outflows amounting to $441.2 million against inflows of $369.1 million.
- Given the scale of the foreign assets, the government's payments capacity should be able to withstand any foreseeable shocks or capital outflows emanating from the otherwise worrisome fiscal situation.
- ‘Even if all dormant account holders come forward en masse to claim their money, the outflow of funds would not have a huge effect on the banks,’ he said.
- For the next three years until 2001, private capital outflow amounted to between $8 to 10 billion annually.
- The pressure to export is pressure to get the minimal sums necessary to cover these outflows of money.
- The outflow amounted to 21 percent of Europe's population in 1870.
- Certainly, the ‘no haste’ policy did not end the capital outflow.
- But any shock to confidence that leads to an outflow of private capital could be problematic, however.
- Of course, the outflow of capital to foreign countries, stagnation of investment, and the steady decline of the stock market will become more serious.
- The report noted the need for the abolition of limitations on the outflow of foreign currencies by enterprises that have invested in the nation.
- We should note that long-term capital outflows from Britain were also enormous.
- Inevitably, cash outflows associated with leasing or financing will occur at different times and for different durations of time.
- Junk bond fund flows reversed, with outflows of $319 million this week.
- The institute's data showed that the outflow of medical practitioners was matched by an inflow of overseas-qualified medical practitioners.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.