In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1excursión femeninosalida femeninoto go on an outing — salir de excursión
2(of homosexual)(práctica de hacer pública la homosexualidad de una figura pública) outing masculino
- Where I start to believe in outing is when a celebrity lies outright by denying they are homosexual.
- He is the last person who should be saying now that he is the victim of a ‘brutal outing.’
- So has this very public outing of spin-doctoring techniques damaged the PR industry?
- I have always been against outing closeted gays just for the hell of it.
- Nevertheless, outing is justifiable as an ethical and journalistic matter when two criteria are met.
- The outing really was quite a freeing experience.
- It is a fragile thing, this tactic of outing to expose hypocrisy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.