In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1anticuadopasado de moda
- It would have forced us to re-vamp our outmoded taxation system.
- I am suggesting that claims toward a kind of universal truth are not outmoded.
- Today, the risks of not knowing more about your customers mean that traditional methods of surveying us are increasingly outmoded.
- Property rates are an outmoded method of raising revenue as people's incomes are no longer related to the property that they live in.
- But at the same time they talked down the prospects for electrification as though it was yesterday's outmoded solution.
- In the early 1990s the authorities froze the project because of lack of funding and outmoded technology.
- I'm outmoded in this city of nouveau riche values and consumer durables.
- Luckily, there's still plenty of outmoded and simplistic theories.
- Costumes are cultural repositories; they are antiquated, outmoded images of a nostalgised past.
- Many organizations fail to disband outdated or outmoded processes.
- But then, who gives a toss for outmoded aesthetics these days, eh?
- So it's a pretty dubious and in fact now a completely outmoded term.
- Such twaddle is outmoded and a sure formula for disappointment.
- Failure to do so will mean that outmoded services and practices will prevail and that improvements in the patient experience will not be achieved.
- Isn't it time to declare all such vessels outmoded, obsolete and a danger to peace?
- You may think of them as quaint or outmoded, but vanity units are incredibly useful in maintaining the look of a clutter-free bathroom.
- My only cavil is that I would have liked to see her in a part which gave her greater scope to display her abilities, rather than in this outdated and outmoded piece.
- Historically both are central to the sides they represent but they should be no more than that, just outmoded symbols of a past which should be left behind.
- For some, this is an outmoded concept, almost a quaint one.
- To some, the sculpture park will seem an outmoded concept.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.