In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ganarle por puntos a
- He outpointed his opponent to win a unanimous decision.
- They were able to outpoint their host country opponents in one bout each, in a match that lasted a total of 26 minutes 47 seconds and resulted in a 34 to 15 score line.
- The World and Olympic champion outpointed the teenager back in May, but he states: ‘I am now a very, very different fighter.’
- A southpaw, he suffered his first and only defeat in his seventh bout when he was outpointed over 10 rounds.
- Thirteen months later he outpointed him in a rematch.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.