1outworks pluralMilitarfemenino defensa
- Outside the main defences lay large outworks such as the Terra Nova and Fort William.
- The Fields were a parade ground used by the Prussians, the Wilhelmine army, the Nazis, and finally the Russians, who crisscrossed the flat ground with earth berms, thrown up as protective outworks for their barracks.
- New features included barbicans, walls, and other outworks guarding the approach to an entrance.
- An entrance is visible on the south side with a rather good outwork for added protection.
2Comerciotrabajo a domicilio masculino
- By recognizing both paid and unpaid work, she addresses housework, industrial labor, outwork, and white-collar careers.
- Factories only slowly developed from outwork and workshop production in the first half of the nineteenth century, and they retained many features of the earlier method of production.
- Women are concentrated in poorly paid work, including part-time and outwork.
- Full-time jobs gave way to part-time ones, and centralised factory production to outsourcing and outwork.
- The problems of outwork could be eased by bringing workers together in a centralized plant, even before the use of powered machinery.