In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Cocinahorno masculinoit's like an oven in here! — ¡esto es un horno! coloquial
- before noun oven dish — fuente de horno
- oven rack / shelf — parrilla de horno
- oven-to-table ware — vajilla que puede llevarse del horno a la mesa
- oven tray — placa de hornear
- There is a range of integrated appliances including an oven, cooker and four-ring ceramic hob.
- As you walk into the house, you smell the succulent aroma of turkey and stuffing cooking in the oven.
- Open storage above the ovens and below the cooktop let her grab a pie tin or skillet without opening a cabinet door first.
- It's a dual-fuel range cooker of timeless design, combined with a powerful six-burner gas hob, three electric ovens and a grill.
- The black and gold range has an electric oven combined with a gas fired hob.
- When these kitchens were designed, cooktops, wall ovens and dishwashers - let alone Cuisinarts and yogurt makers - were still years in the future.
- Never leave cooking food on the stovetop unattended, and keep a close eye on food cooking inside the oven.
- It was so warm inside and the aroma of hot chocolate and a cooking roast in the oven hung on the air.
- Most homeowners were left without basic living means after central heating, cookers, ovens, house alarms and telephones were damaged beyond use by the fault.
- The versatility of the cuisine and the custom of cooking in community ovens or tandoors have entered the homes of many communities.
- The kitchen is fitted with a double oven, ceramic hob and extractor fan.
- Car parking is included in the price as is a range of kitchen appliances including fridge-freezers, ovens, hobs, dishwashers, washing machines and extractor fans.
- She is used to the logistical challenges thrown up by confined spaces and ovens with different cooking temperatures.
- The fire started after a piece of fish was left cooking in an oven.
- Come closer, and note the absence of any conventional stovetops, closed ovens, deep fryers, or steam table.
- The pieces allow state of the art cookers, fridges, ovens, microwaves and dishwashers to be concealed behind beautiful facades and ingenious storage devices.
- Included in the sale is a fridge, a gas and electric range with six-plate griddle, two ovens and a grill.
- Each kitchen is fully fitted with a glass ceramic cooker, extractor, oven and fridge freezer.
- If things start to go wrong you can always finish off the cooking in the oven.
- India has a cuisine as diverse as its contrasting climate and the Punjab is famed for its clay ovens and tandoori cooking.
- This curious form of celebration is believed to have been facilitated by the existence of large ovens for the local manufacture of earthenware pipes.
- Ten years ago this site operated around the clock and housed multi-million-pound facilities including a blast furnace, strip mill and coke ovens.
- Such colours as may be thought proper are then laid on, and the ware is afterwards baked in ovens or furnaces.
- The tram was built to carry coal from the immediately adjacent coal mine to a row of beehive coking ovens and thence to the smelter furnaces.
- The site contains several scheduled monuments, including beehive coking ovens, calcining kilns, blowing engine houses, and a unique lift tower which was used to transport material to the top of the furnaces.
- The following day, the coke ovens and one blast furnace were reported to have collapsed due to low temperatures and the absence of maintenance staff.
- Since the pieces are still quite moist, they must be dried in large ovens, called kilns, before they become hard enough to be packed.
- It was like forcing a clay figure to bend after it had been in the oven and glazed.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.