In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1listo para el horno
- The first delivery of organic oven-ready chickens last Friday was sold out within an hour.
- How about giant frogfish, the size of small oven-ready chickens, in various colours and often in pairs?
- It's not every day that you become the recipient of a large bird, and if you do then it's normally oven-ready and delivered by Tesco.
- The idea is for Frankie to give his name to a range of Italian foods - from olive oil, ham, and pasta to oven-ready meals and diet foods.
- Sainsbury's sells oven-ready partridge; pheasant (whole and breasts); game casserole; and farmed venison.
- The company's frozen products, Glory Foods Southern Selections, is a line of oven-ready and microwavable frozen entrées and side dishes geared to consumers looking to save time and money.
- In this era of omnipresent oven-ready meals produced for those without the desire to cook, surely a spot of recreational baking at weekends would rekindle the family's belief in the old-fashioned creed that home-made is best.
- But a recently introduced oven-ready dried lasagna meets Bolognese standards with ease.
- Still, he has had to work hard to stave off competition from big retailers, and specialist sausages and oven-ready dishes like Irish stew and chicken with lemon and coriander sauce are a big part of the business.
- An increasing number of people are demanding pre-prepared, oven-ready meals and pre-packed, pre-sliced meat to fit in with their lifestyles.
- But I have already prepared the fish, and made it oven-ready.
- Brown four oven-ready pigeons in a little oil in a heavy casserole dish.
- They included Stilton cheese, oven-ready chicken, cooked ham, pork pies, yoghurt and pasta salad.
- The next 32 runners-up were each given an oven-ready duck to take home for dinner.
- Now that I have to fit the writing of this blog into my busy schedule of sleeping and watching Coronation Street, I'm consuming larger quantities of oven-ready pizza.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.