In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1guante para el horno masculinomanopla para el horno femenino
- I know it's not as simple as buying co-ordinating oven gloves, towels and apron, but it's a good place to start.
- With a suitably thick cloth or oven glove, transfer each dish or shell to a plate that you have lined with a napkin.
- Remember to have oven gloves or mittens nearby to avoid burning hands on hot skewers or griddle plates.
- Safia appeared at the doorway clutching three plates of blackened fish in a pair of huge flowery oven gloves.
- It was an afternoon spent hearing about the speed with which oven gloves are selling locally at the moment, in a kitchen filled with beautifully-made decorations.
- In the end, the only way Mum could hope to get any peace was to buy me a pair of oven gloves and begin to train me up on the safe use of the cooker.
- For the scrubbing, he will use what looks like an oven glove but is far scratchier.
- Poppy, my most excellent beagle, had done nothing except pull the oven gloves down from the worktop.
- Remove the large pancake from the oven using a pair of oven gloves.
- That was why Jenny and Danny had been using oven gloves.
- Wrap your hand in an oven glove then hold the oyster, flat side uppermost.
- For something a little different in the kitchen, sew a pocket onto the palm of each of your oven gloves and fill them with rosemary.
- Like many other jobs I dare say it's easy once you know how but as someone who has the manual dexterity of a frog wearing oven gloves I was quite impressed.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.