In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Will arrangements be put in place to collect the over-abundant rubbish during the Christmas festivities?
- Factors like human ignition and over-abundant fuel supply resulting from years of fire suppression come into question - and even global warming on a broader scale.
- The image is sharper than the theatrical cut, but suffers from over-abundant haloing as a result.
- But we will be the first to admit that things are going to look seductively encouraging as long as liquidity remains so cheap and over-abundant.
- A significant number of works in the exhibition are video pieces, and several of these focus on the supposedly over-abundant wealth and consumerism in the US.
- The over-abundant cheerfulness seemed to have stemmed from that time.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.