In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1abrigo masculinosobretodo masculino Río de la Plata
- The overcoats and jackets he sent down the runway were to die for.
- As winter was to arrive soon, and the evenings were getting colder, I decided to get my warm overcoat and some waterproof boots for my trip.
- The men are in plain clothes and wear light raincoats or light overcoats over their uniforms.
- Dressed in a suit with a warm overcoat, he obviously had money and a comfortable life.
- They dressed us head to toe, hat to shoes, overcoats to underwear.
- You can quickly improvise a shield to cover your forearm by wrapping a suit coat, jacket or overcoat around it.
- Skirts, overcoats, cardigans and vests were made predominantly from cotton and linen, many embroidered with folklore emblems.
- He stood there, his arms crossed across his chest, which was covered by a thin, white linen shirt and a leather overcoat.
- They were both wearing dark dresses, with dark overcoats and gloves and hats.
- Women have more interesting choices in overcoats but even the more creatively stylish ones seem to me to radiate a solid hint of professionalism.
- With cashmere and wool overcoats, you're sure to stay warm and adequately cool, since natural fabrics like wool tend to be breathable.
- From the coolest raincoats to the classiest overcoats, you're not ready for spring until you get your hands on a spring jacket.
- From biker and track styles to slick overcoats, these jackets will keep you looking great this spring, rain or shine.
- Miss Leonard said the man had a white coat under his overcoat, and had what appeared to be medical-style equipment on the back seat.
- Contrast is not an issue between dark charcoal overcoats and khakis (traditional tan-colored), provided your shirt is a lighter color than your pants.
- The men don caftans, felt overcoats, or jackets.
- There wasn't a tie and the entire outfit was black from the overcoat to the under shirt, to the slacks and shoes.
- The Huntsman collection includes suits, sports coats, overcoats, blazers, shirts and ties: time-honoured essentials of the smartly-attired gentleman about town and country.
- Cary tugged on an overcoat and pulled a beanie over his ears.
- You should also look out for pockets, the lapel's style, and whether or not the overcoat has a vent in the back.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.