In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
verbo intransitivooverate, overeaten
- Moreover, foods rich in fat are delicious and easily lead to overeating.
- Notably, heavy alcohol use, overeating, and excessive smoking may also play a part.
- In fact, the principal eating disorder in the United Kingdom today is overeating.
- When the study stopped, they started overeating.
- A denied craving can quickly spiral out of control, leading to bingeing or overeating.
- Overweight people often have low self-esteem, easily adopt the role of a failure and even punish themselves by overeating again.
- That was the only night I really felt close to overeating, partly because of the champagne and wine we drank.
- Such research does not tell us anything important about overeating that we didn't already know.
- Many other factors conspired to make overeating acceptable and increase people's waistlines.
- Overeaters Anonymous differentiates normal eating from overeating, and encourages abstinence from overeating.
- Avoid overeating and drinking alcohol on the flight.
- The team also drew a few guffaws locally when their coach, a Quebecois named Yves Boily, told the media his team was overeating.
- She then found herself afflicted by a syndrome that has affected many of her peers - a round of dieting and overeating.
- A meal in the morning boosts your energy and brainpower, say experts, and can ward off mood swings and overeating later in the day.
- Scientists who turned their attention to nutrition in the nineteenth century began to argue against overeating.
- The sense of danger which occurs when you do not overeat feels greater than the suffering you experience because you are overeating.
- To relieve the suffering of indigestion caused by overeating, take three to four hawthorns or drink a cup of hawthorn tea to ease the discomfort.
- And parental absence also means that lots of kids sit at home or in an after-hours care program overeating.
- A bowl of healthy soup gives you the biggest value for your caloric buck and keeps you from overeating during your main course.
- Seriously restricting food intake, or overeating and then purging, causes levels of vital nutrients in the body to plummet.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.