In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1exagerarponer demasiado énfasis enthe need for caution cannot be overemphasized — no está de más insistir en la necesidad de ser prudentes
- It cannot be overemphasized that the prosecutors have the key to the success of the reform of their organization and to securing their long-desired independence and political neutrality.
- The importance of breathing clean air cannot be overemphasized.
- Given these economic circumstances, the role of economic planners in the government cannot be overemphasized.
- It cannot be overemphasized at this moment that the leaders of the residents' group should return to the dialogue table with the government, and realize that they can never attain what they want by violent means.
- Another important lesson that may be drawn from the registry is that the importance of any type of diet in weight control may be overemphasized.
- This shift in tone and look cannot be overemphasized.
- Likewise, labour laws and regulations overemphasize the protection of women.
- The importance of citizens' full cooperation cannot be overemphasized for the success of the project, which will create a beautiful capital city for future generations.
- It cannot be overemphasized that those promises must be sufficiently scrutinized and discussed because they are directly related to the interests of the people.
- Speaking to Congress, he implied that the media overemphasizes the negative: ‘I have seen some of the images that are being shown here on television.’
- It cannot be overemphasized that for the mission of the troops to be successful, we need closer cooperation between the two countries.
- The importance of your involvement in this project, whether you volunteer as a visitor or offer your camp as a study site, cannot be overemphasized.
- On the one hand, it suggests that the administration has overemphasized the importance of demonstrating resolve as a means of advancing its interests.
- Each one carries an inherent political bias that overemphasizes the representation of some form of interest and underemphasizes the remainder.
- It cannot be overemphasized that voters must make their decision based on facilitating a national leap forward by overcoming the difficulties at home and abroad.
- The key is listening and it can't be overemphasized.
- The seriousness of unhealthy population growth cannot be overemphasized because it leads to an increase in the number of aged people and a shortage of labor.
- Therefore, such a practice that overemphasizes the role of the college entrance examination and ignores basic humanity should not be praised.
- The significance of the crucial Dec. 19 contest cannot be overemphasized.
- Under these conditions, it cannot be overemphasized that any lame-duck phenomenon by the government's economic leadership must be prevented.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.