In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1llenar hasta desbordar
- Don't allow your waiter to overfill wine glasses.
- The room, which holds a thousand people, was overfilled.
- That unsafe combination could allow a negligent fill technician to overfill the tank dangerously.
- ‘When we filled the hole we overfilled it to allow for settlement and since then have raked over the ground in the past year to level it out,’ he added.
- Looking down for a second to catch myself before I overfilled my tank, I withdrew the pump and stuffed my receipt in my pocket before I looked back up.
- Nora came into the kitchen to pour herself some milk and overfilled the glass.
- Other snaps show rubbish in black bin bags in back lanes, a problem he said was caused by a minority of residents who overfill bins or put them out too early.
- Not all readers will have the patience for this approach, but those willing to surrender themselves to the author's relaxed tone will find this an enjoyable, if slightly overfilled book.
- Fill or slightly overfill the crack and then smooth it with a wetted trowel or block of wood.
- If the foam gasket between the back side of the tub and the fitting at the top of the drain assembly is dry or disintegrating, you can have a major leak if the tub is overfilled.
- Many boats ‘burp’ fuel from their air vents during fueling, and boaters commonly overfill their tanks, spilling fuel out into the water.
- Do not wrap any of the items individually and do not overfill the box.
- So, in one of Henry James's novels, much is revealed when the heroine, out of character, overfills a cup of tea.
- No one is singled out by not having their rubbish removed, but if the bin is overfilled, then it won't be emptied.
- What are the council trying to tell us - cut our waste down by half so that we don't overfill our bins?
- He said bonuses were also part of the reason some jobs were overfilled.
- Bethany laughed as she overfilled Olivia's cup.
- To avoid spills, do not top off or overfill your vehicle.
- People are concerned about smells, flies and vermin, not to mention what will happen if they overfill their bins.
- This is probably one of the busiest routes in Bradford and it is extremely dangerous to overfill these tiny little buses.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.