In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Steven, Kiri and now Monty were channeling every dreg of their formidable power into their defense of Rose, but they were overmatched.
- But he played center all season and was overmatched against bigger centers.
- The team finished 28th in pass defense last season and was overmatched completely against good quarterbacks.
- In person, overmatched players are more clearly, visually apparent.
- It wasn't the man's fault that he was severely overmatched by someone that could effectively disable him and his weapon of choice in less than forty seconds.
- But some nights this group of defensemen simply will be overmatched.
- Though they can be overmatched defensively, it's hard to fault the results.
- The team must get better play at defensive tackle to take some pressure off a secondary that is sometimes overmatched.
- So, like all overmatched rich guys, he plays it right down the middle, afraid to give us anything to like or hate.
- The post players are solid, but they could be overmatched against teams with strong post play.
- They were nice enough guys, but both had been golfing more than once in the last 5 years, so we were overmatched from the start.
- Unfortunately, the instant their blades made contact, she knew herself to be dangerously overmatched.
- Yet there is something sad about the whole thing, particularly the harsh reality that even the great ones can be overmatched at this level.
- As a warrior I'm afraid that your friend is sorely overmatched.
- They're old enough to know they're overmatched, but young enough to think they might have a chance.
- The match was played in front of virtually no spectators, but it was obvious from the beginning that the Bulgarian team was overmatched.
- He's still overmatched defensively at times, but that's probably not going to change.
- He'll spend the fall beating overmatched cornerbacks.
- If it was a demon, or something worse, the elves will be badly overmatched.
- He now can hit average fastballs; he was overmatched against them before.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.