In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1paso elevado masculinopaso a desnivel masculino México
- It also involves dismounting to clear bridges, under bridges, overpasses, signs, culverts and guard rails.
- As part of their August crackdown on drugs, police set up a roadside checkpoint under the overpass on Pratamnak Road on August 12.
- Remember bridges and overpasses freeze up before and remain frozen longer than other road surfaces.
- One revealed that hundreds of bridges and overpasses required urgent upgrade, or were described as ‘life expired’.
- Typically, the enemy chooses to stage attacks from areas which have access roads, buildings, overpasses or thick brush along MSRs and auxiliary supply routes.
- Osier and Mrs. Thomassen found my sister shivering in a pile of leaves under a railway overpass on the east side of downtown.
- ‘Up there, under the overpass and cross the road,’ she said.
- Leave your vehicle immediately and seek shelter, but not under overpasses and bridges.
- The current structure encompasses a pedestrian walkway, rail line and a vehicle overpass.
- This involves what's called surface infrastructure, and so you're talking about bridges, roads, overpasses, possibly the reconstruction or refurbishment of ports and so forth.
- Seven cars filled with oats and one empty car derailed near an overpass on Sangamon Avenue, Springfield police and the Union Pacific Railroad said.
- To make things worse, the city administration has blamed annual flooding and the worsening condition of overpasses and bridges on squatters.
- Overhead, a helicopter hovers at such a low height that it only just clears the occasional overpass bridges that appear.
- The plan would replace two overpasses - for the railway and the expressway - with tunnels at the foot of these streets, making access to the lake even uglier and more forbidding than it already is.
- As the driver lost control of the bus and it slid toward a railway overpass, he yelled, ‘Hold on!’
- Motorcyclists congregated under overpasses, bridges and bus stops, taking up much of the road as they waited for the rain to ease.
- He said registration officials would have a hard time registering eligible voters living in slums or under bridges and overpasses.
- Additionally, prior knowledge of the route will allow soldiers to anticipate actions that will be required at choke points, bridges, overpasses, and intersections.
- It was pulled off beside the road under an overpass.
- The piers of roadway overpasses and underpasses tend to have solid cross sections.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.