In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(extra work hours)horas extra(s) femeninosobretiempo masculino Perú Chileto work overtime — hacer horas extra(s)
- before noun overtime ban — prohibición de trabajar horas extras
- The international company insisted that she work in excess of 60 hours per week without overtime compensation.
- Not content with exploiting the thousands of unpaid overtime hours staff have worked, they reward us by sacking us.
- The spokesman said the increased workload would have led to additional hours and overtime pay.
- The company's answer is to offer bonuses for working seven hour long overtime shifts.
- Employers added 340,000 jobs, while the length of the average workweek rose and manufacturing workers spent more overtime hours on the job.
- For employees who continue to work long hours, overtime compensation will remain fertile ground for lawsuits.
- Instead, the decision enshrines the present work regime, while creating the illusion that workers now have the right to refuse long overtime hours.
- In peak seasons, she works seven days a week for months at a time - four hours of overtime a day Monday through Friday and two hours of overtime on Saturday.
- Since 16 February they have worked strictly to their agreed hours and banned unpaid overtime, which the museums depend on to keep functioning.
- Of those who work overtime, the average overtime worked is seven hours per week.
- And how his heart flamed when his loathsome boss slapped on the additional insult of overtime hours or weekend work.
- There will also be a tiebreaker, to guess my overtime hours, in case there is a draw.
- In one Wal-Mart supply factory, workers were reportedly ordered not to clock in on Sunday to avoid detection of overtime hours.
- So, if you use the Internet that long per day and are used to getting 70 hours of overtime charges, than the cable connection is certainly worth getting.
- Yes, it was a brief analysis of the award provisions, finding that there was explicit in the award ordinary hours for casuals and overtime hours.
- Even more remarkably, many office goers and industrial workers had worked extra hours and donated their overtime earnings to raise a fund for the victims.
- Often wages are very low, hours long and forced overtime common.
- Among other changes, the measure would change the way in which overtime hours are calculated, from a daily to a weekly basis.
- Existing employees who work overtime hours do not incur any additional benefit costs.
- According to student feedback, this workload becomes difficult to manage when combined with overtime hours at work.
1.2(pay)horas extra(s) femeninosobretiempo masculino Perú Chile
- Because salaries are not sufficient to cover living expenses, the workers are desperate to obtain their outstanding overtime and holiday payments.
- The Board will be looking to make savings in areas like overtime, premium payments, travel costs and reductions in replacement of absent staff.
- They also called for the use of legal tender in the dormitory instead of tokens, payment of all overtime worked and the dismissal of some Taiwanese managers.
- Nor will overtime be paid under the new wage contract at VW.
- Workers on the lower end can struggle on less than minimum wage with no overtime or benefits.
- They say sick pay, overtime and machine operating rates would all be worse if the offer was accepted.
- In addition to the basic pay, and overtime, there is also a wide variety of allowances designed to meet individual personal needs.
- Some of the payments were used to pay staff overtime.
- Trade unions, however, are generally not recognised, and most of them spend a good deal of their time and energy trying to get their meagre wages and overtime paid on time.
- The workers are seeking the payment of overtime and risk allowances that have not been paid for seven months.
- These would involve savings areas like overtime, premium payments, travel costs, reductions in replacement of absent staff.
- Everything else is tied to performance related pay, a major increase in pay differences between workers in different areas doing the same job, and loss of overtime and bonus payments.
- In the building industry up to thirty percent of the wages, such as overtime, is paid as cash wages with no tax deducted.
- The most obvious sign of our victory is that management has agreed to pay strikers their full wages, including scheduled overtime and full bonuses, for the days they were on strike.
- The obvious answer is to put more money in by increasing your monthly contributions (or skimming off an annual bonus, overtime or other payment).
- One irate police sergeant attached to the Port-of-Spain Division said he received only part payment of his overtime about two weeks ago.
- The dispute involves the payment of overtime, which York workers believe they are entitled to whenever agency workers are called in.
- He believes the extra money is being paid as overtime, allowances and bonuses.
- Management has not paid wages, overtime or welfare payments for May and June.
- The Sri Lankan government has imposed drastic funding cuts to public hospitals and health services for the payment of overtime or extra duty allowances.
2EEUUDeporteprórroga femeninotiempo suplementario masculino
- The veteran has accounted for four of the team's six victories with field goals in the final seconds of regulation or overtime.
- Clearly rattled, Miller bricked the second, the game went to overtime and the Clippers lost.
- In part because of his judgment, Tennessee won that game in double overtime.
- The Texans turned three turnovers into 17 points and blocked a field goal in overtime to keep the game tied.
- To say the least, we were stunned that we were headed for overtime in a game we had dominated.
- The game went to overtime, for two reasons: 21 offensive rebounds, 50 overall.
- The loss to the Chiefs marked the seventh time this season that the defense has allowed the winning points in the final three minutes of regulation or overtime.
- The Lightning won the game in the second overtime and tied the series, 3-3.
- You figure the worst thing that could happen if you miss it is that the game goes into overtime.
- For some reason, they forgot to list the odds against the game going into overtime - which almost happened.
- Four of those five field goals won games for the team, and the fifth sent a game into overtime.
- I don't think we can rest or be happy with the fact that we took them to overtime of the seventh game.
- Meanwhile, the Clippers have rallied to a tie, and the game is going to overtime.
- Not playing overtime and having games end in ties would be more fair than the rules as they stand today, and nobody wants to see ties, so the league needs to make a change.
- Do you remember nailing a 37-yard field goal with five seconds remaining in regulation to send that game into overtime?
- He is a veteran who knows what it takes to win and is not overwhelmed by overtime or elimination games.
- On two occasions, Kansas City valiantly rallied from a two-touchdown deficit to the game into overtime.
- That came after the Devils finished off the Lightning in the third overtime of Game 5.
- His two TD returns of deflected passes that won games in overtime are a reflection of his ability to be in the right place.
- I scored 24 points in the fourth, but the game went to overtime.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.