1agente oxidante masculino
- When an oxidizing agent removes electrons from a molecule, the chemical structure of the molecule is changed, and the physical properties (like color) are altered.
- The hypochlorite ion is an oxidizing agent that sterilizes water by ridding it of microorganisms.
- The oxidizing agent causes the oxidation of an atom by receiving an electron from that atom and is itself reduced.
- Species that cause oxidation are called oxidants or oxidizing agents.
- Bacteria act as oxidizing agents, releasing electrons to an anode immersed in the wastewater.