In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1agente oxidante masculino
- When an oxidizing agent removes electrons from a molecule, the chemical structure of the molecule is changed, and the physical properties (like color) are altered.
- The hypochlorite ion is an oxidizing agent that sterilizes water by ridding it of microorganisms.
- The oxidizing agent causes the oxidation of an atom by receiving an electron from that atom and is itself reduced.
- Species that cause oxidation are called oxidants or oxidizing agents.
- Bacteria act as oxidizing agents, releasing electrons to an anode immersed in the wastewater.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.