1Químicaozono masculinobefore noun ozone depletion — reducción de la capa de ozono femenino
- Your lungs may be exposed to pollutants such as ozone, carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide, and sulfuric acid.
- Adding that third oxygen atom makes ozone a very pushy and highly obnoxious little molecule.
- Even though it's made of only three little molecules of oxygen, ozone can be a pretty big topic.
- Already used to control bacteria in some pools and aquariums, ozone gas causes oxidizing reactions that damage tissue.
- Carbon monoxide is not only a hazardous air pollutant itself, it is also a chemical compound that produces ozone, a greenhouse gas that is a human health hazard.
- Biofuels, such as ethanol, can reduce carbon dioxide, ozone formation and carbon monoxide by as much as 90 percent.
- Automotive emissions are a major source of ozone and carbon monoxide pollution.
- The city is constantly bathed in a visible haze of harmful pollutants: Sulphur dioxide, nitrogen oxides, ozone and smoke.
- Water vapour, carbon dioxide, ozone, methane, nitrous oxide, and the chlorofluorocarbons are known as Greenhouse Gases.
- The District's urban forest improves air quality by removing nitrogen dioxide, sulfur dioxide, carbon monoxide, ozone, and particulate matter.
- The sunlight splits the chlorine into highly reactive ions that break ozone down into normal oxygen molecules.
- For example, plant tissues challenged with acutely toxic levels of ozone rapidly produce a burst of ethylene.
- Although CO2 is by far the most well known green house gas, we humans also produce others in the form of methane, CFC's, ozone and nitrous oxide.
- The four usual agents of deterioration in the air apart from oxygen and water are sulphur dioxide, hydrogen sulphide, ozone and nitrogen dioxide.
- Nitrogen Oxides, primarily from automobile exhaust, ramp up ozone production to toxic levels.
- Photo chemical smog is caused by the chemical interacting with the sunlight creating ozone and other toxic substances.
- A form of oxygen, ozone protects life on Earth from the harmful effects of ultraviolet radiation.
- Recent experiments have begun identifying oxidizing gases, such as ozone and molecules containing the halogens bromine and chlorine, as triggers for that mercury fallout.
- The mean temperature of the earth's surface is about 33°C warmer than it would be in the absence of natural greenhouse gases such as water vapour, carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide, and ozone.
- Public water systems treat water with chlorine, ultraviolet light or ozone to kill E. coli.
2coloquial(bracing air)aire puro masculino
- Because of wind patterns, most ozone blows east to Fountain Hills.
- The rain had taken the city's baseline odor of fear and body fluids and replaced it with fresh, sweet-smelling ozone.