- Even though the automobile industry had also remained the pacemaker when it came to wages and working standards for its employees, it was not without its periods of labor turbulence - nor was it lacking in the desire to find workable and satisfactory solutions to labor problems.
- This is a practice called ‘speeding up the line,’ for every man down the line must keep up with the pacemaker's pace or he'll be thrown out for another worker.
- For the medical device industry, only ads for risky devices such as pacemakers or artificial hearts must disclose negative side effects.
- Medical devices such as cardiac pacemakers, cochlear implants, and bone growth stimulators are valuable tools in the treatment of patients with multiple medical needs.
- The use of combined implantable defibrillators and atrio-biventricular pacemakers for patients with heart failure is likely to increase - clear indications for such devices are beginning to emerge
- The most common forms of heart failure are treated with drugs and electrical devices such as pacemakers and implanted defibrillators, but if symptoms continue to worsen, other therapies are needed.
- People with pacemakers and defibrillators who use arc welding devices and other kinds of heavy energy that involve magnetism or electricity tend to have problems.