In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1conmutación de paquetes femenino
- Its network uses packet switching to route calls, meaning voice data from the caller is chopped up into packets, sent, and then reassembled at the recipient's end.
- Parks Associates predicts a boom in cable telephony as packet-switching technologies ‘revolutionize the telecommunication market.’
- You can think of this as the database equivalent of packet switching, in which a telephone line is shared among numerous parties by taking advantage of the fact that no one needs the line 100% of the time.
- The main difference between VoIP and the ordinary telephone network is that VoIP is based on packet switching like the rest of the Internet, while the latter is based on the circuit switching method.
- It was used to test new networking technologies - notably large scale packet switching, a then pioneering method of sending data across a network.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.