In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The IP subsystem, which packetizes the compressed voice data, also contributes delay in a gateway.
- The library takes care of all low-level tasks: packetizing the information into named packets, compression, encryption, sending, receiving, buffer congestion and flow control.
- However, if voice traffic were to be packetized, it would almost surely be compressed, and then its volume would already be less than that of Internet traffic (at least in the U.S.).
- When an application issues a request for a file, the file server assembles related blocks and packetizes the resulting file for LAN transmission.
- We will exploit known technologies such as optical communications, Internet protocol networks, and packetized data switching in new ways to vastly improve our information-dissemination capabilities.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.