In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(picture)cuadro masculinopintura femenino
- Yet people do still make a pilgrimage to see Leonardo's original painting in the Louvre.
- Mack will be creating a new sculpture based on this painting, also with the cooperation of Liang.
- On display will be a selection of paintings, ceramics and textile arts all of which will be on sale.
- I tried last year and had one of my paintings hung at the exhibition but I didn't win anything.
- As the years go by people forget where paintings are and they become lost to the art world.
- I followed him up the narrow steps to the museum, where walls were crammed with paintings.
- I've been inspired by a colleague who has a house full of lovely paintings and sculptures.
- At that time, Talbot sought to turn the medium of photography into a dignified art form like painting had been.
- His paintings are said to be the most collectible of all artists living today.
- Her original paintings and prints soon began to help raise funds for charities.
- He gave many of his sketches and paintings as gifts to doctors, nurses and hospital staff.
- The museum is a collection of paintings, posters and artwork all in the name of peace.
- The same group of pupils have also had their drawings and paintings displayed in a supermarket.
- She takes him to view Gustav Klimt's painting of Danae.
- Certainly we must attempt to interpret great paintings in a way which makes them accessible.
- Mr Scobie said he lost track of how many people came to view paintings and buy prints and cards on Saturday.
- Her original training was as an artist and some of her paintings can be seen in her home.
- His magazine illustrations and the drawings he made for his paintings have much in common.
- He will see four of his paintings hanging on the walls, including one, pictured, of a cat.
- The title of Paul Gauguin's well-known painting makes a handy list of questions that researchers hope to answer by studying supernovae.
- The Suprematists took the art of painting and porcelain making to the ultimate extreme of complete abstraction, using the geometrical forms of the square, circle and cross.
- The statement invites generalization to all of modernist painting.
- Less well developed are the arts of painting, sculpture, and carving.
- As nearly all forms of art, early painting had been under the influence of the Chinese culture.
- For example, in art we are familiar with the genres of painting, drawing, sculpture and engraving.
- The image becomes abstract, but is evocative of specific styles of modernist painting.
- This is partly to be explained by the decline of narrative painting as a vigorous art form in Australia; the medium of film has to a large degree superseded this art form.
- He later worked as a graphic designer and taught drawing and painting to children.
- Ultimately, the work is about contemporary photography, not historical painting.
- The second batch will be trained in pencil drawing, watercolour painting, oil painting and acrylic painting.
- The work attests to the artist's faith in both the craft of painting and the spiritual capacity of art.
- As for the rest of the team, they celebrate the art of painting in water colours.
- The art of painting icons has its origins in the Byzantine empire of the sixth and seventh century.
- After studying painting and graphic design locally, he went to the United States to further his art education.
- He also suggests the distance we have come from earlier traditions of modernist painting.
- Some Sherpas have developed skills in religious painting and in liturgical chanting.
- Seeing and knowing could not be made congruent in mimetic painting.
- Pradeep developed his art of painting and sketching with no formal training or schooling.
- The art of painting, many artists believed, ought to have grander aspirations.
- At first concentrating on drawing, he eventually gravitated toward painting and collage.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.