In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1estampado de cachemir(a) masculinoestampado búlgaro masculino Río de la Plata
- He believed in justice, for the most part, but he also had a hankering for a paisley silk waistcoat with a decent fit.
- Horribly, inevitably, he is drawn to a bin of remaindered neckwear in grotesque paisley patterns - priced to move.
- A backless lace gown in a giant pink and turquoise paisley pattern seemed perfect for Hurley, who has regained her slimline figure just three months after giving birth to her first child.
- He imagined luminous blends, created unexpected combinations and clashing patterns of plaids, paisley and florals.
- The festival offering has the spectacular ethnic gold, enamel and diamond, diamond and coloured stone, and paisley collections, each different and likely to make the wearer stand out in a crowd.
- If you're looking for trendy patterns, go for paisley, floral, plaid, checks, and herringbone.
- A popular tattoo art in India is mehendi, a plant-based temporary tattoo involving thin lines for lacy, floral and paisley patterns covering entire hands, forearms, feet and shins.
- The girl, who answered to ‘Lee’, looked positively hippie in her black corduroy bell-bottoms and paisley smock with flare-sleeves.
- Don't be fooled into thinking that Liberty is all about fusty paisley designs: the latest make-up bags look so modern, it is hard to believe that they are made using prints from the archives.
- Lanificio Europa also offered denim fabrics that had been flocked, jacquarded or embroidered with flowers and paisley designs.
- You see infinitely detailed multicoloured fractal alphabets, they see growing paisley patterns.
- His nose had tattoos all over it - and his eyes poked out from a lavish pattern of paisley swirls all over his cheeks and forehead.
- Kaleidoscope fashions with swirling flowers and paisley prints make little chiffon or satin dresses very bold and enticing.
- Detective Warren was wearing a black suit, with one of those tasteless blue paisley ties that cops seemed to favor.
- Mankolam, the pleasing paisley design, is modeled after a mango and associated with Lord Ganesha.
- Nice design (geometric, paisley, whatever) is always encouraged and won't be passé in a year.
- Brighten the room with splashes of hot reds and oranges in bold paisley patterns, and add a Persian rug updated in recycled plastic.
- It seemed to shine with a inner light, making its paisley design shimmer like a glossy polyester tie.
- I, resplendent in my signature red velvet smoking jacket, silk paisley ascot, black lounge pants, and sneakers would be more than happy to answer a few questions from the crowd, while I smoked my pipe of course
- Tiny red gems twinkled in the eye sockets, and the broad top of the skull was dotted with similarly tiny green and black jewels, forming an intricate paisley pattern.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.