inglés de Nueva Zelanda
1neozelandés de origen europeo
- I am still in a dilemma of how, as a pakeha, to present this relationship and history.
- The latest New Zealand Census-Mortality Study shows that Maori die younger than pakeha, even after controlling for socioeconomic status.
- In the same speech he uttered the weighty words ‘Maori and pakeha are both indigenous people to New Zealand now‘.
- Haast named the pass after himself and claimed to be the first pakeha to have travelled through it, but the discovery of Cameron's flask discredited this claim.
- So it's a mystery why, unique in the world, some European New Zealanders refer to themselves as pakehas - an insulting name originally applied by the Maoris to the fair-skinned Imperialists who were in the process of conquering them!‘.
- He ignores all the advantages pakeha have inherited: wealth and land, and also dominance, confidence, privilege, and a society that is set up to convenience us.