In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1palacio masculinothe Palace — la Casa Real
- Members of the royal family have been known to enjoy the park when they are in residence at the palace.
- Most sculpture is carved in white marble and often is displayed in palaces and public buildings.
- However they sussed out better cuisine and enjoyed their tours of the famous Hermitage and royal palaces.
- His wildlife paintings are breathtakingly beautiful, gracing royal palaces, castles and country houses.
- The Ministry of Works had also become involved with the case as the building affected views from the royal parks and palaces.
- Jobs are no longer guaranteed, even for the educated middle classes, and there is poverty right next to the opulent palaces of the rulers.
- Surrounding the sacred precinct were the palaces of the rulers.
- Rather than reside in one of the royal palaces, the ex-Queen opted for tranquil existence in Maadi, a suburban enclave of Cairo.
- Officials charged with running the various royal palaces and residences have nothing to match this.
- He was unlikely to be anywhere near his official palaces, which have been hit repeatedly in almost three weeks of air strikes.
- There weren't buildings or palaces or castles, there weren't temples or churches.
- Until 1500, when Henry VII moved into the Royal palaces, Richmond didn't even exist.
- This area was the main Presidential site and is home to many impressive palaces, meeting halls and hotels.
- Most of the surviving structures are palaces or public buildings.
- Royal palaces and castles are like all homes - they need looking after.
- They are big by our standards today, but in Medieval England they were bigger than all buildings including royal palaces.
- It includes military barracks, an avenue of sphinxes and royal palaces.
- All materials for the Royal palaces were shipped into Dundee and overland by horses.
- London is well known for its palaces and other historical buildings that allow visiting and tours.
- The monarchy expresses itself physically through the palaces and other residences of the royal family.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.