In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In traditional Palestinian society a woman is the responsibility of her male relatives.
- A small celebration in the West Bank city of Ramallah was quickly broken up by Palestinian police.
- This national struggle is both the duty and the right of all Palestinian people.
- There could not be a more callous disregard of Palestinian sensitivities than that.
- What we'll often hear in the news is-they want to be able to check Palestinian goods.
- They have been very interested in cracking down on Palestinian activism in this country.
- Of course, it would have been good if the Geneva Accord could have done more for Palestinian refugees.
- All the side roads that lead to Palestinian villages and homes were blocked.
- In this case, Palestinian women find that friends are few and far between.
- I cannot imagine why Palestinian refugees would have a problem with the land of the free?
- Yesterday's events come at the end of a tortuous time in Palestinian politics.
- One of the main sources of income was a tax imposed on the salaries of Palestinian workers in the Gulf states.
- Now that no one can claim that no Palestinian partner exists a US role is sorely needed.
- One recent morning, Palestinian television crews filled the family courtyard.
- Like many Palestinian farmers, Yousef sees the world through his olive trees.
- With an an election in January, Abbas needs other improvements in Palestinian life if he is to succeed.
- Now it's supposedly because they were called upon by Palestinian organizations.
- The parliamentary committee met Palestinian officials during the course of its probe.
- Now in his 80s, Mr Edelman wrote a letter early this month to Palestinian leaders.
1palestino masculinopalestina femenino
- On the other hand there is virtually nothing in the book about Israelis and Palestinians.
- He is quick to use language that is racist and demonising of Palestinians and Arabs.
- What we are trying to do is to humanise the Palestinians instead of demonising them.
- The only sensible question now is: would the proposals help or harm the Palestinians?
- Yet Israel has scarcely gained more from these discussions than the Palestinians have.
- It should also tell Israel and the Palestinians that they must exercise maximum restraint.
- The only way for both Israelis and Palestinians to be safe is for both of them to have their own state.
- This illustrates the nature of the relationship between Israel and the Palestinians.
- The degree of popular support for the Palestinians should not be underestimated.
- There must be a just settlement, giving Israel security and the Palestinians a state of their own.
- The Palestinians and the Jews need to be able to live alongside each other.
- More relevant is the fact that the movement is rapidly gaining strength among Palestinians.
- They try to say they are being even-handed between the Palestinians and the Israelis.
- Both the Israelis and Palestinians were used to news crews of a few people.
- Assume that the rest are agitating for support of Israel in its dealings with the Palestinians.
- It is interesting to see how Israel has changed in its view towards the Palestinians.
- Five million Palestinians are refugees out of a total population of eight million.
- Perhaps the real figure is closer to the total population of Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza.
- If ever a day illustrated the gulf between Israelis and Palestinians, tomorrow is that day.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.