- The word is a palindrome, reading the same backwards and forwards - or, to put it more cynically, making little sense whichever way up you hold it.
- The structure of the palindrome was confirmed by extensive restriction mapping and sequencing.
- How many palindromes can you think of in pop, either artist name or song title or both?
- I was thinking about palindromes today as well, but for the rather more mundane reason that they feature in a question for a bygone DSA example class.
- This is accompanied by music that, at its midpoint, turns completely around and becomes its own retrograde, a musical palindrome running back to its beginning.
- I hope so, for I have such high hopes for this new year, one that reads the same backwards as forwards - a calendar palindrome.
- I mean, 1999, 2000, and 2001 were extremely cool, and 2002 is a palindrome, so that's something, but 2003?
- Every time I tell someone my name is Hannah, they tell me that it's a palindrome, as though I didn't already know.
- Numerologists will remember 2002 as a palindrome, the last year until 2112 that can be written the same way backward or forward.
- This is our first edition for 2002 (which is a palindrome, by the way).
- The mood changes are subtle, yet significant, between songs and the album as a whole forms a palindrome, tonally, like its title.
- Another good word game is to find a phrase that is a palindrome.
- A kayak - pointed at both ends - could be a palindrome of a vessel, in both shape and word, except that you can't paddle it backwards as happily as you can spell it so.
- At 2 minutes past 8 o'clock this evening, the time, date and year will be a palindrome, viz: 2002 2002 2002.
- Often the palindromes are imperfect and interrupted by short sequence elements.
- It's not just the lyrics that are palindromes, but the music is the same backwards as it is forwards as well.