In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Thyroid masses and lymphadenopathy that cause obstructive dysphagia can be palpated on examination of the neck.
- On digital rectal examination, a submucosal tumor was palpated at the anorectal junction.
- No mass was palpated on physical examination, and her mammography was negative.
- However, follow-up measurements of blood pressure and heart rate were obtained by using a manual cuff with auscultation and palpating the radial artery to ensure the patient's safety.
- During physical examinations, the extremity should be palpated carefully for masses.
- On physical examination, fundal height was 38 cm and a large fetal head was palpated.
- The physician should palpate bony prominences and tendinous insertions near the heel and midfoot, noting any tenderness or palpable defects.
- No other lesions were palpated, and the remaining physical examination findings were unremarkable.
- The surgeon examined the wound carefully, palpating the thigh well beyond the extent of the lesion, paying what I thought was unnecessary attention to the rest of the limb.
- The ureteral catheters enable the surgeon and assistant to see and palpate the ureters during the procedure.
- The patella and its supporting structures, bilateral joint lines and collateral ligaments are palpated for tenderness, crepitus and localized swelling.
- Ideally, sites should be palpated rather than just visually examined.
- The examiner then palpated the thyroid area with his right forefinger.
- The physician palpates the joint line on the dorsum of the foot and passively flexes and extends the toe to locate the joint line.
- The auricular lymph nodes are palpated by the bilateral placement of both hands on the skin surface with the fingertips arranged to cover a large surface area.
- During the examination, the clinician should palpate the skin for temperature changes.
- If the bald spot is predominantly unilateral, the physician should palpate the occiput for significant flattening.
- An abdominal mass has occasionally been palpated, and rectal examination has frequently revealed a mass in the region of the bladder.
- She experienced pain from the medial aspect of her right hand to her right axilla when that area was palpated by the examiner.
- Because the patient was obese, the uterus and ovaries could not be palpated clearly at pelvic examination.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.