In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Other patients may present with fractures, bone pain, cranial nerve palsies and osteomyelitis.
- As the infection spreads in the temporal bone, it may extend into the cranium and result in cranial nerve palsies.
- The most common manifestation in children is erythema migrans rash followed by arthritis, facial nerve palsy, aseptic meningitis, and carditis.
- The paralysis or palsy may affect mainly the legs, or all four limbs, or just one side of the body.
- The presentation may be of an unexplained mass or cranial nerve palsies, meningeal symptoms, or even respiratory problems caused by brainstem infiltration.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.