In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In this respect, it differs with the policies of the Muslim Brothers, who put religion before politics and Islam as a political objective before pan-Arabism.
- The Arab bourgeoisie has abandoned the espousal of pan-Arabism in favour of preserving their own peculiar interests.
- Over the past decade, an immense contradiction has become evident between the ideals of pan-Arabism and pan-Islam on the one hand and efforts at state strengthening on the other.
- In those days it went under a variety of different labels: anti-imperialism, anti-Zionism, Arab socialism, pan-Arabism.
- The nascent party's ideology emphasized pan-Arabism, nationalism, and a form of socialism.
- Palestinian nationalism has had a shifting relationship to Arab nationalism and pan-Arabism.
- This pan-Arabism died on the battlefields of the 1967 Arab-Israeli War.
- It abandoned its previous advocacy of pan-Arabism for an Iraqi nationalism centered on the interests of the Sunni elite of the north.
- But then it had this early phase which was a kind of pan-Arabism where they instinctively appealed to the rest of the Arab world to rescue them.
- The pan-Arabism and socialist pretensions of the era have left only a few decaying fragments.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.