- In this respect, it differs with the policies of the Muslim Brothers, who put religion before politics and Islam as a political objective before pan-Arabism.
- The Arab bourgeoisie has abandoned the espousal of pan-Arabism in favour of preserving their own peculiar interests.
- Over the past decade, an immense contradiction has become evident between the ideals of pan-Arabism and pan-Islam on the one hand and efforts at state strengthening on the other.
- In those days it went under a variety of different labels: anti-imperialism, anti-Zionism, Arab socialism, pan-Arabism.
- The nascent party's ideology emphasized pan-Arabism, nationalism, and a form of socialism.
- Palestinian nationalism has had a shifting relationship to Arab nationalism and pan-Arabism.
- This pan-Arabism died on the battlefields of the 1967 Arab-Israeli War.
- It abandoned its previous advocacy of pan-Arabism for an Iraqi nationalism centered on the interests of the Sunni elite of the north.
- But then it had this early phase which was a kind of pan-Arabism where they instinctively appealed to the rest of the Arab world to rescue them.
- The pan-Arabism and socialist pretensions of the era have left only a few decaying fragments.