In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1crep(e) masculinopanqueque masculino América Latinacrepa femenino Méxicopanqué masculino Colombia América Centralpanqueca femenino Venezuelabefore noun Pancake Day / Tuesday — martes de Carnaval masculino
- Those that wisely left room for dessert can sample the variety of delicious ice cream cakes, or choose a pancake with a sweet filling of their choice.
- The desserts were all freshly made pancakes with ice-cream and toppings.
- Then, he says, slice some bananas on to the pancake and cover with toffee sauce.
- The usual suspects are on parade for dessert, with a line-up including pancakes, ice-cream, fruit salad and banana flambé.
- For dessert the choice is limited to pancakes, creme caramel or fruit salad.
- At the cabin, breakfast takes center stage - always bacon or sausage, waffles or pancakes, and eggs.
- I cook risotto and cakes, puddings and pancakes.
- The table was filled with pancakes, sausages, steaks, biscuits, gravy, hash browns, toast, etc.
- If you are treating yourself or a loved one to that most indulgent of all transatlantic breakfasts, pancakes and crispy fried bacon, then Sémillon is the final touch.
- Swirl them into creamy yoghurt fools, or strew them over pancakes, waffles and French toast.
- His vegetable plate, anchored by a pea pancake, white-bean-and-spring-green strudel, and stuffed onion, is the best in town.
- Make individual pizzas for dinner, ice cream or yogurt sundaes for dessert and pancakes for breakfast.
- Tortillas, made of cornmeal rolled into thin pancakes, are the staple diet of Hondurans.
- It gets to half past ten and we want to go to bed so we have takeaways - often Chinese crispy duck pancakes.
- The simplest way to make pancakes is still a favourite - a basic pancake batter made with three ingredients flour, eggs and milk.
- The pancake batter is the nice homely type we all know and love.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to form 36 pancakes and reserve.
- We love pancakes, French toast, bacon and maple syrup.
- The savoury pancake option, rolled with ham, gherkin, and mayonnaise, was also sampled without complaint.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, until you have about 6-8 nice pancakes, making sure to lightly brush the pan in between with more oil.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.