In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Sars has revealed much about the way a pandemic illness can affect modern society - with massive consequences.
- They appear to have reached pandemic status within urban areas and a cull is long overdue.
- Even if nations vaccinate their entire populations, they will not remain immune to the pandemic shock.
- The effectiveness of antivirals in the treatment of pandemic influenza is unclear.
- Mr Abbott today announced that the government would speed up funding for research into pandemic influenza.
- Most topical is the risk of pandemic influenza, which seems to be the highest in three decades.
- Companies should prepare for a pandemic flu the way they would for a blizzard.
- History has shown that pandemic strains of influenza viruses emerge as reassortants of human and avian viruses.
- It is a remarkable achievement which increases Britain's ability to cope with pandemic flu, should it happen.
- The arrival of a pandemic influenza would trigger a reaction that would change the world overnight.
- The idea that this flu could reach pandemic proportions is a chilling thought.
- This argues for the need to look at other ways to respond to a new flu strain which has pandemic potential.
- The factors involved in the genesis of each pandemic virus are probably different.
- Imagine if you will you were a government which was aware of a global pandemic flu in the offing.
- But pandemic influenza, appearing every few decades, has much more devastating consequences.
- It depends on what percentage of the population gets a pandemic flu strain.
- It is not our principles that have spawned pandemic hatred of America in the Islamic world.
- The Department of Health will also announce its revised pandemic flu contingency plan this week.
- So why have British health authorities decided to launch a pandemic flu panic in Britain?
- Film has become a pandemic obsession throughout our culture and even throughout the world.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.