In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1caja de Pandora femenino
- But the exercise unleashed a Pandora's box of problems with issues raised over the handling of contracts and renovation funds.
- Cloning is the Pandora's box of the new millennium.
- It is the skeleton in the closet, the Pandora's box yet unopened.
- But he has opened a Pandora's box of logical reasoning.
- What Ms. Patel has done is to open a Pandora's box.
- Howard has opened a Pandora's box and he can't close it now.
- Decriminalisation would open a Pandora's box on drugs liberalisation which challenges our fearful attitudes to ‘harder’ drugs like heroin.
- Having opened the Pandora's box and revealed how with-profits policies operate, the reaction from some investment advisers is that the product is now largely obsolete.
- It is also why conservatives in the government are none too enthusiastic to grant them these political rights, fearing that a Pandora's box will be opened in Syria.
- Like Pandora's box, once opened, it is going to be well nigh impossible to put back the troubles and close down the lid.
- Once Pandora's box is opened, there won't be enough time for real science.
- They may have also opened a Pandora's box of complications involving a child's claim on a sperm donor's data and wealth.
- His lawyer, a philosophical chain-smoker, suggests fatalistically that once the Pandora's box is open you can't put it back.
- Today I am glad he did - he has opened up a technological Pandora's box, which will benefit the world for generations.
- Given this logic, it's not hard to see why the industry would be in a state of denial about security: The very discussion is a lethal Pandora's box.
- It soon, however, also opened a Pandora's box of questions about just how internationally compliant Egyptian presidential elections could be.
- A government that pursues this policy would quickly find that once the Pandora's box of appeasement is opened, it will never be shut.
- Despite such reassurances, once the Pandora's box of the recall motion has been opened, there is no telling what pestilence will result.
- And in doing so, he opened a Pandora's box of history, emotion, frustration, uncertainty and fear that left none of us unscathed.
- Has the president's stem cell decision opened a Pandora's box?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.