In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1masculino panelfemenino pieza
- A set of turntables was broken, electrical wiring ripped out and wood panels removed from the walls.
- She carried through that expertise to intricate knitwear, which included a poloneck woven from ribbed panels structured like the sections of a corset.
- Top-quality logs are sliced into veneer, which then is glued to wall panels, doors, furniture, and cabinets.
- Insulated panels, insulation boards and environmental and pollution controls products all had a good year.
- The property has ‘his and her’ offices, spaces divided by angular walls and glass panels.
- The light coming from rectangular panels set along the ceiling and walls was bright and even, with none of the flickering or smoking so characteristic of oil or wood.
- Modesty panels of chiffon, where none might have existed before were seen on bodice fronts.
- Opaque elevations are clad in a rainscreen wall of green glass panels, each fixed with point fittings, to create a series of precise grids.
- Glimpses of stretch ruching feature in panels on dresses, particularly waistlines.
- More than 470 glass wall and door panels, some curved, will divide and connect spaces in a new and unique way.
- Ruffle necklines are big too, as well as fluted sleeves, hem flounces and ruched side panels.
- She recently replaced the ceiling and the walls with glass panels.
- Jeffrey, who was arrested and charged last March, wore a hooded white sweatshirt with blue shoulder panels, and a pair of black track pants.
- A glass wall with sliding panels and a veranda overlook the adjacent lake.
- Sweater panels come in varying widths and lengths so plan carefully when buying and cutting.
- Vertical bands of frosted glass panels set into a wall of cabinets emphasize the room's newfound height.
- A simplified elastic laminate is made from nonwovens and is especially suitable for side panels of training pant garments or the like.
- Innovative frosted glass panels cut into the wall of the window-free bathroom mean that the room not only has a funky edge, but also benefits from natural light.
- You have to put on the costume when you're learning and rehearsing the piece, because it has so much material, so many panels.
- And the cypress wood was part of the door where the three equally-sized rectangular panels and four-pane glass window were present in it.
- The last thing I remember before falling asleep was watching lightning bolts through the high glass panels of the front wall.
- Bias-cut panels and an allover pattern camouflage the middle.
- Some unusual stitching down the front panels makes this shirt difficult to iron, so it tends to get forgotten about as it slowly sinks down the ironing pile.
- Figure-hugging silhouettes are accented by zippered pockets, panels and side vents.
- Caps are 12.5 oz. wool blend and have buckram-backed front panels, pre-curved visors, and grey undervisors.
- On the lowest floor, a series of sliding wall panels and pocketed opaque glass doors allow for maximum flexibility.
- The company manufactures and installs wall panels, canopies, glass skylights, and walkways.
- Then I shot through the glass panels of a French door.
- This same material is now used in the production of seat cushions and panels for doors, walls, floors, and ceilings.
- What lady does not relish the plush touch of ermine on her cheek, the airy intricacies of a panel of lace, or the cloud-like embrace of a velveteen settee?
- The side panels are one piece for easy movement.
- White tiles, white ceiling panels and white walls seemed to be the only thing that the architect had had in mind when designing the interior of the compound.
- Even the string bikini is striking with its stitched and pleated color-block panels.
- Blue panels are stitched around the sleeves and the hem of the dress.
- Fine embroidered dress panels were considered works of art and as such were handed down from mother to daughter.
- It was made of the whitest silky material, with panels of lace on the bodice and right round the full skirt.
- The nylon mesh side and back panels match, naturally, as do the sewn eyelets, and it features a classic trucker style plastic strap closure.
- The pants have an elastic drawcord waist, articulated knees, stretch panels on the waist, and a back zip pocket.
- Painting was done on manuscripts, walls, wood panels, glass, and tiles.
- The scene inside the ship was one of disarray - floor, wall and ceiling panels were loose all over the ship, exposing circuitry and metres of cable spilling out into the corridors.
1.2instrument panel — panel (de instrumentos) masculino
- control panel — tablero (de control)
- Another composite scene, it is divided into a central panel, two large curved sections in the lower areas of the vault, and seven small curved sections.
- One of the first images one comes across when entering the gallery space is a triptych of a class portrait, interrupted by the central panel depicting a plant form.
- Most panels depict eyes, from photographs, magazines and other artworks perhaps.
- The right-hand surface of each wedge is part of a single image, while the left-hand panels form a separate composite image.
- There is no evidence, other than that within panels of the window itself, for the problems posed by the later incorporation of the heraldry of bishop and chapter within it.
- He was inspired by her beauty and German heritage to create several designs for the mirror panels with images derived from Germanic folk art and mythology.
- It is conceivable, of course, that the Louvre panel actually depicts its subject as he appeared at the time during which it was created.
- The central panel of this intact triptych altarpiece depicts the Mystic Marriage of St Catherine, together with other saints, flanked by donors.
- The towering central panel is set within a classical arch and shows the Virgin and Child enthroned, with the infant Saint John the Baptist to one side.
- By using retarding agents of different strengths within the same panel, decorative features can be created by varying the depth of the etch on elements of a pattern or design.
- The panels are separated from one another, and so the painting feels like an allegory of psychic completion, complicated by ambiguities of sex.
- Yet, being multipartite, they call to mind the predella panels of early Renaissance altarpieces.
- However, because paintings played a secondary role in Gonse's book, his discussion on the panel appeared deep within his text.
- While the main panel of the altarpiece portrays a story of communal inclusion, the predella bears a story of social exclusion.
- The assumption that the work is a physiognomic likeness has driven scholarly efforts to identify the panel's subject.
- Van Eyck's extant single-panel portraits are all decorated on the reverse, whereas the central panels of his surviving triptychs are not.
- Each format is divided into panels, reminiscent of the way in which she has arranged the separate panels of her paintings.
- In Mitchell's multipart paintings, the panels were worked separately but were meant to be seen together.
- Ironically enough, debate continues over the division of labor and the artist responsible for the design of the central panel.
- Also challenging our sense of perception are large lenticular panels of Japanese cartoon figures juxtaposed on historical Chinese sites.
2.1masculino panelmasculino pánel Colombia Venezuelamasculino equipofemenino mesamasculino tribunalfemenino comisión Chile
- Robyn went to four of the discussion panels, and summarised them here most comprehensively.
- During the day, the other four people on the panel do the same thing.
- The partnership she has established with Ian Waite looks formidable and has impressed the panel of four judges.
- Reflecting the depth of bureaucratic resistance to his plans, the panel found only four prospects.
- The couple had three separate visits from judges and also faced four panels of judges in London to win the prize.
- Capital punishment may be imposed by the vote of four members of a panel of five military officers.
- The panel liked the drawing and they got the job.
- All four impressed a panel of judges who scrutinised a 20-page questionnaire about the door policy, first aid training, procedures to deal with drugs and safety issues.
- Marsh spoke on a panel of four mental health provider organizations.
- No one from the floor was in favour of the artists' studios but when a vote was taken by the councillors on the panel, four were in favour but three were against.
- The young performers were auditioned in groups of eight and sang for 45 seconds for a panel of four judges.
- Well, the president actually visited four of the eight panels.
- I'm hosting four panels which I'll be reminding you about here, ad nauseam.
- A panel of four judges armed with clipboards had the pleasure of sampling the hidden gems of the borough yesterday.
- After the panel voted positively on four articles, impeachment was inevitable and a Senate vote for the president's removal seemed likely.
- Specialists in the field of photography tackled this task from various points of view in four panels.
- A panel of four speakers kicked off the discussion with their opening remarks.
- The panel concluded that four tests should immediately be withdrawn from sale as they were misleading and unreliable.
- More than 50 students applied to take part following an advert in the student newspaper and were whittled down to the final four by a selection panel.
- A six-member panel, which included four former Olympians, was put in place.
2.2also panel discussiondebate masculino
- A printed notice, in similar terms, is handed to all members of the jury panel when they commence their duties.
- And sometimes before a trial even begins, you do your most critical work, screening through a jury panel.
- It is also not uncommon in medium to long cases, for jurors on the panel from which the final random selection will be made, to be asked to answer a short questionnaire.
- But it's back to the drawing board for this jury, with a new panel member, after juror No.7 was dismissed yesterday.
- He thus dropped several Protestant jurors from the panel and replaced them with Catholics.
- I wait to hear the first panel of potential jurors being called to a courtroom.
- The significance of the advancement was immediately apparent to the juror panel.
- The courts don't keep records of the racial balance of jury panels.
- Part of the process of assembling juries involves removing from the panel of jurors those persons who have a close connection with the legal system by virtue of their employment.
- We do not have the luxury of the system, which can provide instant access to litigants, in terms of courtrooms, judges and jury panels.
- The jury panel felt that system integration was much more prevalent than in previous years.
- Because then they get to purge the jury panel of anyone who expresses qualms about the death penalty.
- The panel of anonymous jurors deliberated for 13 days over a four-week period.
- After both sides present their evidence and argue their cases, a panel of jurors must weigh what they have heard and decide whether or not the accused person is guilty as charged.
- Whereas jury panels, in exceptional cases, can be vetted, this was not such a case.
- The randomness of the jury which s.80 of the Constitution contemplates is randomness at the point of creation of the panel of jurors from whom the ultimate jury is chosen.
- The tedious process of choosing a panel of 12 jurors was enlivened yesterday when it emerged the Jackson team planned to call a host of Hollywood celebrities in his defence.
- Do you think X-generationers are making up an ever-increasing number of people who are making up panels of jurors?
- Typically a panel of potential jurors is drawn from the jury room randomly.
- A challenge to the array involved a party objecting to the composition of the panel of potential jurors from which the trial jury would be selected.
lista de personas de la cual se selecciona un jurado
1(wall/room) revestir con paneles
- Today, the club has panelled walls, with one covered in bright yellow posters advertising past and recent acts.
- The castle has a panelled dining room, a library, a billiards room and a grand hall.
- Double panelled doors interconnect with the family room where the walls are part-panelled.
- The dining room is panelled to chest height and has an intricate, golden fabric wallcovering above.
- Inside, there are panelled walls, adorned with old prints galore.
- The adjoining bathroom has panelled walls, a bath and a vanity unit with tiled surround.
- If your walls are paneled, you may want to finish the light shaft to match.
- The servery and furniture have been upgraded and the walls are now panelled.
- Pine figures largely in the furniture and décor, with the walls panelled on the lower half.
- The walls were paneled with mahogany, as were the floors.
- This has a tiled floor, part-tiled walls, wood panelled ceiling and spotlighting.
- The family bathroom has a parquet floor and panelled walls as well as a sauna and bath with shower attachment.
- The floor was covered with a plush carpet, and the walls were paneled with a synthetic wood molding, giving the room a stately air.
- The walls were panelled in some form of regal looking wood, and the floors were carpeted royal red.
- The walls were paneled with nondescript sand colored wood.
- He has a fine old office at the end of a faded, panelled corridor, five floors up by a rickety lift.
- They went through a set of oak panelled doors into a room with a swimming pool.
- The walls were panelled in wood, the floor covered in carpets decorated with curlicues to rival any Persian rug.
- The walls were panelled with the same oak, and the seats cushioned with soft red leather.
- The walls were paneled wood, the ceiling white.
2paneled", US "panelled, Britishpast participle(door) de paneles(skirt) de piezasan oak-paneled room — una habitación con paneles de roble
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.