In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1alforja femeninomasculino maletero
- In Hong Kong in 1994, I dumped my backpack for a bike and panniers.
- Thousands of hardy travelers hitched panniers to their 10-speeds and pedaled off to see the country and the world.
- The camera was transmitting to a video camera and receiver stashed in the pannier of a bicycle locked to a lamppost nearby.
- Having discovered a mutual passionate love of food, travel and adventure, they pack up their panniers, rev up their bikes and head off in search of authentic culinary and cultural experiences in all corners of the world.
- Each secondary school is leasing two new bicycles, fully kitted out with lighting and panniers strong enough to carry schoolbooks, from Cycle Heaven in York.
- However, when I throw my rear panniers on and ride the bike at higher speeds, the bike will shimmy if I remove my hands from the bars.
- On a touring bike it was acceptable as long as the touring bike stuck to the script: Load up some panniers and don some bright yellow rain gear and a hard-shell helmet.
- The factory workers, the cops, the carpenters, the plumbers, they all wheeled to work, tools protruding from voluminous canvas panniers.
- He was also wheeling a black cycle with panniers.
- The bikers are trained both as ambulance paramedics and professional motorcyclists and carry enough equipment in their panniers, from oxygen cylinders to defibrillators, to cover almost every eventuality.
- A substantial grab rail for the pillion provides security, plus hard panniers, a tank bag and touring windscreen are available.
- Early on the Sunday we parked Tim's car on the northern bank of the river, got out our mountain bikes, panniers and backpacks and we were off.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.