In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In a totally unstructured environment, they present this creative explosion through modern dance, mime, pantomime and music with a whole lot of playfulness.
- There are no words in the film - everything is performed in a solemn pantomime, with the dry humor left up to our own imaginations.
- The vast majority of this movie is told in near pantomime: gestures, facial expressions, and stage direction.
- Her major example is ‘Circe,’ where gesture and pantomime are all-important.
- In portraying vivid dramatic characters, realistic pantomime plays as important a role as the dance.
- With his silent pantomime and human special effect stature, the performance borders on the right side of genius.
- These kinds of inferential processes go on constantly in interaction, as we all know, on the basis of indexical signals that work like gestures in pantomime.
2(in UK)comedia musical navideña, basada en cuentos de hadasthe whole thing is a pantomime — es todo una farsa
- Rocky needed a bath and that is a real pantomime as he HATES being washed.
- The room is now illuminated only by the television that paints its own confused pantomime on the walls.
- The pantomime descended into tragedy last week and this evening became a farce.
- Feeding time, for them all, is a real pantomime!
- Un tipo de representación teatral, dirigida a los niños y comúnmente conocida también como panto, que tradicionalmente presentan los teatros británicos durante la época navideña. El argumento suele ser una adaptación cómica de un cuento tradicional y cuenta con un número de personajes de características exageradas e increíbles. También requiere de un gran nivel de participación por parte del público.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.