In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1traje de chaqueta y pantalón masculinotraje pantalón masculino
- At his side is a middle aged blonde woman, a bit on the frumpy side, dressed in a tan pants suit that doesn't flatter her.
- After getting her nails done she put on her black pants suit that always awarded her with attention, and just in case that didn't work, she wore her heels so you could hear when she was coming.
- A woman in her late 30's looking very chic in a pantsuit and every hair in place was standing nearby.
- Spinning around, I saw an elderly woman in a lavender pantsuit sitting on a bench.
- He went on to introduce stylish, tailored pantsuits in the 1970s, which remain a wardrobe staple of working women.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.