In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cadenita de papel femenino
- I don't mind that she insists on cleaning the house, putting up a tree, or hanging paper chains around the walls, because that's in the spirit of things.
- These streams of low-key glamour, as basic as paper chains and tinsel, convert the drabbest space into a winter wonderland.
- Finally made my paper chains when I got home, so at least there's some evidence Christmas is on the way.
- Three classes created sparkly stars, wrapped presents, paper chains and balls.
- Home-made paper chains, cotton-wool snowmen and a few fairy lights used to be enough to dress a Christmas tree, but now we need more of a wow factor.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.