In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1vaso de papel masculinovaso de cartón masculino
- Her cappuccino long finished, she followed Cody out and tossed the paper cup in the trash, waving as she headed for her car.
- Vivian forced down the last swallow of cafeteria coffee, tossed the paper cup into the trashcan, and then headed back to Jeremy's room.
- What you are looking at is a machine that gives you coffee in a little paper cup.
- I looked over and noticed the coffee shop door opening and Mr. O'Connor walking out, a paper cup of coffee steaming in his hand.
- I sat alone in the small, windowless room with a water cooler and a paper cup.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.