1plaza de armas femenino
- Those amused by the characteristically shrieked orders given on the parade ground should remember that these were once given amid the roar of musketry and artillery: thus the piercing tone, usually accompanied by hand signals.
- Everyone turned and saluted the ensign flying over the parade ground.
- Capt Clinton Thomas took the salute on the main parade ground, and was joined by Brig. Peter Ball.
- As families were reunited on a chilly parade ground, the Black Watch's commanding officer paid tribute to a regiment that may be returning from action for the last time.
- The sound of the bugle is often heard as the sound of the retreat, originating from the completion of the soldiers' roll call at the parade ground.