In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Other achievements of Aepinus include improvements to the microscope, and his demonstration of the effects of parallax in the transit of a planet across the Sun's disk.
- An improved configuration uses a splitter mirror to eliminate the effects of parallax but not the differences in lenses.
- Each element was then centered in the lens to decrease distortion from lens curvature or parallax.
- The actual contact times for any given observer may differ by up to 7 minutes due to the effects of parallax.
- It is easier to see the effect of parallax the closer the foreground object is to you.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.