In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- His vertical stripes have been put onto a slant, and whittled down to slender triangles or widened into parallelograms or pyramids.
- In the deformation, the parallelograms always remain parallelograms, because their opposite sides remain equal, but the angles change.
- The building is in the form of a rectangular parallelogram, 294 feet five inches long by 219 feet nine inches wide, covering an area of 7,188 square yards.
- Four congruent sides lie on two parallel lines, and pairs of these sides define parallelograms of equal area.
- Because the direction of the slope did not coincide with the axis of the view, the architect made the plan in the shape of a parallelogram.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.