In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Various other bits and pieces of paraphernalia or equipment in the process can be a source of infection for Hep-C as well.
- Drug paraphernalia and empty wine bottles lay strewn among layers of rotting food, dirty cardboard boxes and stinking blankets.
- Both of my boys have been raised around computer paraphernalia and tools.
- At one event, a giant Christmas cracker had been lowered to the ground containing all manner of party paraphernalia including party balloons and hats.
- Through this, my dad slowly but surely built a reputation for quality and timely delivery of printed paraphernalia.
- Items on auction include left over shop stock, fittings, computer equipment and other environmental paraphernalia.
- We still have the human resources at all levels and we still have the equipment and paraphernalia for general elections.
- A party ensued, with marquees blasting out music and a market area selling drugs and festival paraphernalia such as glow sticks.
- Various other equipment and military paraphernalia have been found in the area over the years.
- Begrudgingly, the guru agreed and the priest left to collect the necessary paraphernalia.
- Despite all the tools and paraphernalia, many people feel that the most important ingredient is the Witch.
- I would contend a crucial first step in the fight against bigotry is to ban the vendors outside the grounds who sell the paraphernalia which causes most offense.
- Around £2,000 cash was also found along with drug paraphernalia including scales and cutting boards.
- A UN flag and an Indian flag now form part of his paraphernalia in the travel kit.
- Only most incidents pass unreported because they occur away from the ground and the accompanying paraphernalia of cameras and notebooks.
- They, in spite of the most expensive and elaborate defense paraphernalia of the US Government, feel defenseless.
- Apart from the sponsor company's paraphernalia, there were big displays of chessboards.
- Of course, no one could prove that, as he had all of the necessary ID, credit cards, and other paraphernalia.
- Pro shooters walk around with those funny khaki vests with large pockets all over them stuffed with paraphernalia and lenses.
- But it must go much farther than merely banning the sale of paramilitary paraphernalia near the club grounds.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.