In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Generally Harrison Beaumont put all undefined aerial sports in Group 5, along with PG, parascending, parachuting and worldwide offshore yacht sailing.
- Or maybe try getting some friends to sponsor you to do something you always wanted to try, but have never before had a reason to, from bungee jumping to parascending.
- Amanda has been parascending - hanging from a parachute and being towed hundreds of feet behind a speedboat.
- Paragliding is seen as safer, and is less of an unknown, as at some point a fair number of people have been parascending behind a boat, and the inevitable connection with parachutes is made, wrongly.
- There was waterskiing, jet boats, parascending, heli-rides, even chair lifts up the mountain for those who could not or did not wish to walk, plus friendly staff in the shops and restaurants.
- He maintained that The Glebe event was not about anti-limit campaigning but was a chance to showcase developing sports that can be carried out at slow speeds such as wake boarding and parascending.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.