1(vegetables/rice) vaporizar(rice/vegetables) parbolizar
- In a large saucepan, bring salted water to a boil and parboil lobsters for three minutes.
- Almost all meals feature plantains (very similar to bananas), which are usually parboiled, sliced, and deep fried.
- When I shone the light on the water, I swore it would parboil any squid that happened along.
- The fruit should be peeled and parboiled then set aside.
- I parboiled them in plenty of salted water for seven minutes, and then tossed with some oil (a mix of sunflower and rapeseed - wouldn't use olive for this) and a lot of salt.
- Fresh leaves and stalks can be added to a mixed green salad, parboiled and served as a vegetable, or stir-fried alone or with other vegetables or meat.
- The neck of this clam is usually parboiled and skinned, with the skins being reserved and ground for chowder.
- The world turned to permanent shadows, even while the Louisiana sun parboiled my skin.
- Take some potatoes and parboil them (don't boil them long enough to cook them, just to get them halfway there) with a lemon in the water to give them some flavour.
- Nigella suggested parboiling the parsnips, so I did that for about five minutes, way ahead of time.
- In Uzbekistan, critics of the government have the choice of being poached or parboiled.
- To make it on the stove top, sauté the onion and garlic, parboil the potato and then let everything simmer for as long as possible to let the flavours meld together.
- Note: there is no need to parboil meat if not using chicken.
- In that case parboil it in water for a minute or two.
- I parboiled new potatoes and tossed them with apple cider vinegar, olive oil, sea salt, and rosemary from the garden, and then we piled them into a wide cazuela and slid them into the oven to finish.