In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1asociación de padres y maestros femenino
- Members of parent-teacher associations and students who help to mentor younger children could soon be forced to undergo police checks to ensure they are not paedophiles.
- The solution, says the County Joint Committee, is to invite local councils, parent-teacher associations or organisations like the scouts to organise supervision.
- But would it be reasonable to report the head teacher's salary, the amount raised by the parent-teacher association last year and the average length of service of staff?
- The first variable is equal to 1 if the parent belonged to a parent-teacher association or related organization, or volunteered at school.
- Ask your parent-teacher association and/or school administrators to invite a local law-enforcement official to speak to parents and/or the student body about hazing and the state's anti-hazing law.
- The proposed shake-up could provoke a power struggle between Scotland's school boards and parent-teacher associations, with parents caught in the middle.
- Teachers and the parent-teacher associations should ensure that programmes that improve self-motivation of the students were organised on a regular basis in schools, he added.
- Voice your concerns to teachers, fellow parents, school bus drivers, school counselors, the school board, and the parent-teacher association.
- When my oldest son who is now in college studying music attended elementary school, our parent-teacher association conducted fundraising events to help purchase a computer for every classroom.
- The parents have been magnanimous, and both the parent-teacher association and action group have worked well as a team.
- Schools must adopt a nutrition and food policy and set up a nutrition committee, in which the parent-teacher association will have a major role to play.
- The film is scheduled for distribution through parent-teacher associations and school principals this fall.
- There have been withdrawals from parent-teacher associations.
- In the United States, grass-roots efforts involved many groups, including paediatricians, parent-teacher associations, and local and state health departments.
- Stephen Franks made some good points about school parent-teacher associations and groups of people like that who have come to rely on this form of fund-raising for their activities.
- For the school, active parent-teacher associations can make the difference, in the state sector especially, between good facilities and outstanding ones.
- No meals are served at the school, although the parent-teacher association may run a stand that sells snacks for break time.
- The parent-teacher association at your child's school may even offer sessions about talking to teens where you can share tips and experiences with other parents.
- They must join or organize parent-teacher associations at schools and insist that gross commercialization of every kind be banned.
- She served on the public library's executive board and was active in the parent-teacher association when her four daughters were in school.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.