In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Derecholibertad condicional femeninoto be (out) on parole — estar en libertad condicional
- he was released on parole — fue dejado en libertad condicional
- to break one's parole — quebrantar las condiciones que impone la libertad condicional
- before noun parole board — comisión de libertad condicional
2Lingüística(with masculine article in the singular) habla femenino
1(prisoner) dejar en libertad condicional
- No decision has been made whether he will be paroled or not, is that correct?
- That's because he was paroled after serving only four years and four months of his eight-year term.
- After 6 years in prison, he was paroled but died of heart failure only 8 months later at age 58.
- But due to good behavior in prison, he is paroled after only five years.
- It is a fundamental fault and flaw to have the people who turn the keys responsible for writing the report that recommends whether an inmate should be paroled or released.
- Not long after David was paroled after going to prison for the first time, I had a dream.
- Sideshow Bob terrorizes Bart after he is paroled from prison.
- Some supporters of the death penalty argue that more innocents have been killed by released or paroled murderers than have been executed.
- Each time he has been paroled from prison he has committed another sex crime, but authorities now consider him a ‘low to moderate’ risk.
- An old woman is paroled from prison because ‘the inmates amount rised’ and cleverly tricks some people drinking on an old pier to follow her back to her warehouse headquarters.
- Originally sentenced to life in prison, he was paroled in 1975 after serving only three-and-a-half years under house arrest.
- Many voters were afraid and angry at stories of killers being paroled.
- He was paroled last spring after serving four years of his 70-month prison term.
- The scheme will be mainly targeted at offenders who serve six months or less in jail, but will apply in theory to all prisoners who are paroled.
- He was sentenced to 10 years in prison, and was paroled in 2003.
- He was then paroled - according to the transcript, he was given parole in respect of that late in 1996.
- He was never paroled, but was released instead on compassionate grounds.
- His brother is recently paroled from prison after serving a term for murder.
- More than 200 inmates from prisons across the country will be paroled for anything from a few hours to a week.
- In these anxious times, the market for personal-location trackers is looking up - but do we really want to burden our children with the technology that tags paroled prisoners?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.