In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Problems occur when translating a visual layout for a partially or non-sighted person.
- This model gave a clear picture of the forces acting on the partially destroyed spine.
- Slightly spookily the gig was once again partially interrupted by a violent thunderstorm.
- This can result in partially blocked pipes, which can mean discoloured water and reduced flow.
- Just six of these have been addressed by the government, but only partially.
2(with bias)con parcialidad
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.